Back again, by popular demand! The Scottsdale Motorsports Gathering where German cars will be featured. This Cars & Coffee event will highlight German manufacturers.
This August the Scottsdale Motorsports Gathering is highlighting Hi-performance German cars including our beloved ///M and Alpina’s. If you have never been to this monthly Cars and Coffee in North Scottsdale here is your chance to show off your ///M.
We would love to put together a wide variety of classic and modern BMW’s to show off our brand. We would like to add a special invitation to our rare brothers and sisters with Alpina’s. Showcased cars need to arrive early, around 6:00 am, to meet up and get organized. We know its early, so we will have refreshments on hand. In order to showcase your car, you must RSVP below and send Chris Finlay an email (contact me) so that we can plan for space and prepare meeting arrangements for that morning.
RULES AND TIPS FOR MUTUAL FUN AND ENJOYMENT
Wow! We’ve really grown over the years but the event has gotten so big we need to post some rules. People have been great, but there are a few things that everyone should know in order for things to go smoothly
First – a guiding philosophy statement:
We love all cars, but we have a particular passion for the rare high performance and collector cars. The monthly Motorsports Gathering is a reflection of that. The focus and center of the event is about these cars. There’s limited space. There’s a possibility that some months you may not get in. If you’re in a a four door Chevy Malibu, don’t even get in line, just go to the spectator parking area. If you’re in a BMW M5, you’ll probably get in during the summer, but your chances will probably go down during the peak months. A 1955 Jaguar D-type will get in before a recent F-type. Rare vintage stuff and super-exotics will always get preference – that’s the reason the show exists.
We’ve added significantly more space in recent months so this has become less of an issue. However, please be respectful of the event and those attendees around you. If you insist on parking that Malibu next to the 67 Shelby, you’ll just look like a jerk and, odds are, will post a pic on the Wall of Shame.
Now some rules:
- This is a private event. We have contracted with the property owners and work closely with the local business owners and Police Department. It’s not a free-for-all or first-come-first-serve event. Every month we have people that want to argue about this. Get a life, it’s a friendly gathering.
- We have expenses that we need to cover in order to put on the event. These expenses are covered by a few sponsors that we have every month. Scuderia Southwest, LLC is a real company. As such, no unauthorized commercial activity is allowed. No signs or ads or company logos on your vehicle or you’ll be asked to leave. No passing out flyers or solicitations without prior approval. A few sponsorships are available each month if you’d like to promote something. Sponsorship information can be found here.
- No entry into the show area before 6:00am unless specifically directed by the staff.
- We have a few people providing parking directions. Please roll your windows down when you arrive and listen to the directions.
- We’ve created rough areas for different car types. We may move them around depending on expected turnout. Listen for directions and watch for the signs.
- No racing or burnouts entering or exiting the event. There are plenty of action photographers standing out on the corner, but don’t do it or you’ll be the one signing autographs for the Scottsdale or Phoenix PD. We post on our wall of shame so there’ll be pics and videos of you getting that ticket or looking immature racing down the street. Above all else, it’s dangerous! Just look on YouTube at events around the country where someone loses control…we don’t want anyone to get hurt, please don’t do it! ***Update*** There are plenty of examples around the country where this has gotten out of control and shows get cancelled or somebody gets hurt. IF WE SEE YOU (including photos and youtube videos), YOU WILL BE BANNED.
- Respect others’ property. No touching or opening cars that don’t belong to you. Our parents taught most of us that when we were kids. This means no leaning on cars for photos either. This stuff doesn’t happen all that often, but we do have to say it a few times each season and it’s no fun to have other participants yell at you, and they will sometimes.
- No loud revving of your motor…there are businesses around that are nice enough to allow us to put on this event. Let’s not piss them off.
- There are businesses open during the event so be respectful of their parking needs. If this turns into a problem we won’t be welcome. There are a few places coned off for a couple of the business, please respect those spots.
- If you’re coming with a large group of specific types of cars, please let us know ahead of time and we may be able to accommodate you parking together.
- It’s a rain or shine event…we don’t cancel or reschedule. If it rains in January, use your umbrella. If it rains in June, join us for a big group dance!
- Support the local merchants so that they will continue to support us! Several open early just for us.
- Each month we do a spotlight brand or topic. We’ll typically line those cars up along the center aisles. Also along the center aisles is where we’ll place some very special cars. If you have something really special we’ll put you in this reserved, invitation-only area.
- If you have an opinion about the way something should be done, don’t whine about it, VOLUNTEER. We always need help.
We will modify these rules from time to time after we see something either stupid or smart that we didn’t think of before. If you have an idea, send us an email. Our goal is to have fun, not take ourselves too seriously, and we try to discourage the self-absorbed from ruining a good time for all.
** PLEASE NOTE – THIS EVENT IS NOT HOSTED BY BMW CCA – ROADRUNNER CHAPTER AND ALL INFORMATION IN THIS EVENT POST HAS BEEN PULLED FROM SCUDERIA SOUTHWEST’S PAGE **